Wednesday 28 May 2014

More Gucci

Listening to the story of the family Gucci while working on Tuesday I looked up and realised my glasses case had 'Gucci' stamped on the inside. So much for my comment that this was a brand ordinary people like me would never have the opportunity to purchase. I suspect the case may belong to a fancy pair of frames for glasses I had made so I can still go to the movies. From memory the frames were about $500 so am guessing this may be my only Gucci purchase.

The book is rather long-winded and becoming quite boring. I have contemplated deleting it but should be more than half way through so am reluctant not to see it to the end.

I keep purchasing new books for my kindle at present. Last night I found a book on Paris, Journey to the City of Light  and On Re-Reading by Patricia Spacks which is about the joy of favourite books one reads over and over again, like Susan Hill in my case. I have also bought a book called Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands which is a series of impressions by well known writers about their sojourn in Paris. Like any good library Amazon.com sometimes suggests and has available good books for purchase while at other times nothing appeals. I still find it very frustrating when I want to purchase a kindle book as I can no longer re-read the print copy only to find that it is not available for a kindle. Of the 14 books I have chosen over the last few weeks I cannot choose which one to read first which is really exciting.

Today I bought a beginners guide to watercolour painting which hopefully will help me with my art journaling. Although I now have two more busy weeks of work coming up it appears I am getting more savvy about ensuring I have time for reading, relaxing, art and study.

No comments: