Monday 3 March 2014

Amazing

I waited all morning for my student to turn up for a 10.00am appointment. He decided something else was more important and finally arrived at 2pm just before my other visitors arrived. Perhaps I am learning that punctuality and making a good impression are not high on the list for Solomon Islanders. No wonder they have political and personal tensions in their country.

My other visitors, Janine and her new husband Greg were lovely and stayed much longer than expected. Janine seems happy with my suggestions and we shared lots of personal information quite freely. Not sure how such a lovely woman emanated from this family but was also very sad to hear that Michelle and Andrew now have motor neurone disease. This has devestated their whole family; grandmother, father, sister - who else is going to be killed by this insidious disease. 

Blackberry Wine  is becoming a must read now. The print is almost too small for my failing eyes but as long as I read small amounts at a time I think I will battle my way through. Joanna Harris has just published a new book, this should be a good Kindle purchase. I do wonder what the clinking of Joe's wine bottles in Jay's luggage means, I suspect that this will be revealed as the Chateau is fixed and becomes more livable for Jay to write and work in.

I need to return to my writing, things get left and looked over when I fail to write a little each day. My story of Nora is growing as I absorb snippets from a variety of sources and include them in my writing. I also need to begin a new piece, plus finish the piece about my father's writing desk with the story of Lisa's wedding.

My dogs seem much improved. Their coats are gleaming, eyes bright, weight returning. My suspicions are that they were carrying a worm not killed by the normal means and this overwhelmed them both. Chocolat is full of energy, love and has certainly enjoyed returning to sleeping on my bed. Licks each morning convey her delight at having spent the night in my company.

No comments: