Tuesday 11 March 2014

Heart Issues

I visited my GP today to ascertain if my heart attack risk has increased following my brother's heart attack. She has recommended that I go in for an ECG but thinks my active lifestyle may be keeping a cardiovascular event at bay. I certainly hope so.


Inside the White House  was a very American outlook on this most famous of houses and it's last 7 incumbents. I got rather bored by the end of it, perhaps due to an NZ belief that Americans are not as important as they think they are either politically or in terms of world domination. We see them as interfering in events that are none of their business, a bit like a school bully.

I am now reading an older issue of North and South  magazine, an issue devoted to education in New Zealand. I have read this wonderful publication for many years, thankfully it is now taped for those of us who can no longer read the print issue. I do feel it is somewhat arrogant of the reader to decide what we may be interested in hearing, they definitely fail to tape the interesting tit bits and shorter articles.  

No comments: