Monday 17 March 2014

Not Sleeping

I often wonder if I could read books any quicker than the narrated versions I read on my VRS. I have turned on Room  at every opportunity after the initial half hour at bedtime. This book has touched a very raw nerve in my own life. Although I was not locked up in a shed I was imprisoned friendless, alone and psychologically abused on a farm for many years. The mystery is why did I not leave earlier - to this question I have no answer other than his control and my fear.

Jack talks about Alice in Wonderland in great depth. I also loved this book which fired my imagination and took me into a world where I could escape my mundane life. I have just taken my own copy from the cane basket where it is stored and plan to read it later today. My imagination is very stymied, as shows in my writing, perhaps Alice will unleash it.

Reading online newspapers can be very difficult when the size cannot be swiped and no one listens to complaints re this. I love keeping up with the news and find the lack of consideration for visually impaired people re this is mind blowing. Do they not realise we wish to keep up with the news regularly as do our sighted friends.

Tonight I have to attend a very sad funeral. Judy and I were interviewed the same day by Gillian Simpson for our positions at Dio and remained friends from then on. While she had her own friends outside school I found Judy so brave - a word she would hate - so inspirational, kind and positive. To die of cancer in your late 50's is so sad, what a waste of a creative passionate gardener. 

No comments: