Wednesday 19 March 2014

Captive

Room captivated me! Several nights were spent listening to this stunning novel and I was very sad when it finished. It has brought to the surface many of my own locked in experiences such as being isolated on a farm with an angry husband and unable to escape. I have begun writing an essay linking the themes of this book with many that challenge people in life - adoption, independence, suicide, loss of love, language, child rearing and fear to name but a few.

Now I have moved on to a new talking book, which came to a sudden halt when my VRS batteries went flat in the middle of the night!
The Trader's Sister (The Traders, #2)
I thoroughly enjoyed The Traders Wife and think this book will be just as enjoyable. Ismay sounds like a spunky woman, one who does not get as sea sick as her brother, I hope we get to meet some of the characters from the previous book.

I have taken up 'Art Journaling' but have only been practising so far. Yesterday I read several books on watercolour painting that Jean lent me so I can learn basic techniques. Now I need to start for real and use one of the lovely books I have bought to journal in. Words and colour, very important.  

No comments: