Friday 21 March 2014

Birthdays

Jay received his birthday present from Dio yesterday, I had wine and pavlova with a neighbour on her birthday also. Today I am going to a birthday lunch for my daughter, she is now 36, and tonight I will be attending another birthday dinner. A friend also took me out for coffee and cake to celebrate my birthday which was 3 weeks ago.

Novels I would never have imagined reading, such as the Traders Wife and the Traders Sister I am learning to enjoy. Whether they provide relaxing reading is a moot point as I tend to wake and listen to them on my VRS. Perhaps the time has come to read for more than knowledge - though these books do explore life in early Western Australia as well as shipping and Singapore. 

I am not delving into any deep reading at present, magazines of people's homes are fascinating me and I trawl through the pictures trying to get ideas for updating my home. I need a real book to lose myself in, though a Kindle would do. 

Art books are giving me a new interest as I learn some of the basic techniques for using watercolours. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become interested in art, paints, brushes, pastels and words all together.

I two weeks time I will have to face my fears and travel to Australia. Since my last adventure which made me so ill I have been very nervous about travelling again. Although I can avoid gluten containing foods I am not sure about some of the other health issues I have. I guess this will be an experiment to see how well I cope, hopefully really great with no issues.        

No comments: