Saturday 15 March 2014

Rooms

Room is a book like no other. Words missing, childish language, the desperate fight to be free. Not only does this story impact at its basic level of the storyline it weaves into lives like mine where being threatened and trapped in a marriage can have the same effects of isolation, fear, loss of future and unreality that there is a life out there outside of the walls that have been erected around us. I am unsure how or what I will feel as the story progresses to their escape but know it is a book in the category of 'cant put down'.

   This issue of the Healthy Food Guide was very interesting and I have made several recipes from it. Those of us with coeliac disease or a severe gluten intolerance find their recipes a god-send. The latest issue arrived yesterday and while I have only glanced at it I will sit down soon with the 'why am I always tired' article. I have read many books on cooking without gluten, vegetarian cooking and others but always return to my large pile of Healthy Food Guides.  I noticed a British version when I was in Stirling in 2012 and often wish I had purchased a copy to bring home. It is a magazine to be celebrated and used until it wears out.

I need to find a book on my shelf that I have never read or want to re-read. As autumn spreads its tentacles around us I will spend more and more time immersed in a good book. My neighbour is reading Focus and really enjoying it, I might start reading the Kindle version soon.

Jay is enjoying a few days off work due to the windy weather. I took him to the supermarket this morning and he was hyped up as he always is when the weather is windy. Burying himself in the checkout operators trousers I think he sometimes believes he would be better off becoming a permanent resident of the supermarket.  

No comments: