Monday 24 March 2014

Gardens

This morning my neighbour and I visited the new garden centre which has opened near here. I think we were both disappointed about the shop given its other branch has such a wonderful high class craft centre with amazing things to purchase.

I looked at several of their garden books, cooking books and similar, but was very disappointed that much of the shop seemed to be filled with junk similar to that sold in the Warehouse.

My reading seems to have come to a halt at present. I finished The Traders Sister and have requested the next two books in the series. While these books are only romances their setting in early Western Australia makes them more interesting for a New Zealand reader. I have decided I will purchase the others for my kindle if I cannot get them in talking book format.

I have not looked on the Amazon website lately as I fear I may spend money buying books I will then not read for a while. I have 3 books on the kindle I have started and then not finished as they did not live up to my expectations. Sometimes I think we need to be more discerning as readers when looking at online reviews and decide what type of person is revieweing these books. I was unaware that my reviews are appearing online under my name in Google, I think I will stop my reviews.

So on with reading VRS magazines; North and South, Readers Digest and Consumer. This will also free up some space on the SD card. I will need to choose what I read next quite carefully as I am still undecided if I will take my VRS to Australia.     

No comments: