Saturday 28 June 2014

A Woman in Need of a Word

Eat pray love ver2.jpg
I read the book of Eat, Pray, Love when it first came out and I was on a journey of discovery of my own. I never managed to see the movie when it came out so last night I settled down, remote control in hand, what an amazing portrayal by Julia Roberts of Elizabeth Gilbert's journey. Stories of loss abound in my life and her experience of being lonely when first arriving in Rome resonated like loud dissonance in my ears. This journey, a very personal journey, has surely changed the lives of many women who wonder why they made the choices they did when young and live lives of unhappy acceptance. Now I am a woman who needs a word - French, Italian, English - a word which will embody my journey into new adventures.

This morning,  with a new and invigorated interest in life I explored my Amazon.com kindle website and discovered her book Committed which I understand is about her new marriage, forced by the US Government to her beloved Brazilian and also The Signature of All Things which, from the blurb on Amazon, appears to be a novel about a botanist. I need to do more reading in the holidays, I have more books unread than read on my kindle, joys to be savoured and time to explore the memories and lives of others.

Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage


The Signature of All Things

I really want to travel again and continue to explore the world. Perhaps I need to read more memoirs by brave and uncompromising women to get the joie de vivre back in my life and begin planning.



A small French village, my new travel dream, now all I need is a companion!

No comments: