Wednesday 25 June 2014

Feet in Paris

The title of this post is not about travel, tramping or penguins playing their way through hilarious adventures. My feet are sore; arthritis has caused an unbalanced gait and today I have an appointment at the Shoe Clinic with a podiatrist to discover if there is any type of walking shoe I can wear. I doubt my complaints have been taken seriously before, I intend making pain very clear today.

I have purchased several books on Paris for my Kindle recently. These include Paris, Paris, Journey into the City of Light and Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands. This book is selections of writing by thirty two well known writers around their journey's into the writers life of Paris.

 Paris Letters
I reviewed this book several months ago but it has had a huge impact on my life. I found Paris daunting but this memoir, particularly Janice's letters, set my newly acquired artistic mind alight. A new convert to Art Journaling, her letters encouraged me to expand into single pages covered in collage and quotes. Words are my lifeblood - I was asked on Tuesday who I am and where do I live, not literally, my own response startled me. "I live in the pages of a book". Paris Letters   has been a catalyst to exploring the mixed media of paint and words.

No comments: