Sunday 22 June 2014

Royalty

I have a rather unusual interest which some people find extremely odd, I love reading about the royal families of Europe, particularly the younger members who are slowly taking over the reins and becoming young and vibrant Kings and Queens. My particular favourite is Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, previously an Australian I think we have all applauded her fairytale life with Frederik. I have watched all the You Tube videos of the new King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain. These royals are all far more interesting than our stuffy British royalty.

Saving the Queen  is proving to be an interesting read and in the middle of the night CIA training tactics seem quite mild. 1951 may have been during the Cold War, but their rather introverted methods of putting an agent in the field seem very old fashioned and outdated. I gather this may be the first in a series of Oakes CIA exploits, I will need to check this although I am not sure spy novels are a genre I would wish to pursue.

Art Journaling has finally taken hold of me and I have bought two more kindle books on the subject, one a book of prompts, the other map journaling which sounds fascinating for a traveller. I have done several pieces over the weekend and hope to do more today, it needs to become an ongoing hobby.

Broadchurch, a TV series I have been avidly watching on Sunday nights reaches it unexpected conclusion next Sunday. I know who did it, a most unexpected murderer, perhaps I wish the series was not so well described on the internet where the identity of this person has been revealed. I have also purchased the DVD of Philomena, a movie which made me very angry, I will watch it when I feel emotionally capable of doing so.    

No comments: