Monday 9 June 2014

South Africa

A Rainbow in the Night is an interesting yet basic expose of the history of South Africa. Written in an interesting and quite racy style I have now passed the Christian Barnard era and have moved on to Nelson Mandela naming his grandchild, a child who is the same age as its mother was when he was arrested. A deeper investigation of the impact of apartheid may need to be added to my reading list which incidentally is getting longer and longer. So many books to read, so little time to do it in!

Rushing Woman's Syndrome
I found this book in my local bookshop at the weekend and have been reading it quite slowly attempting to absorb all the facts about something I am sure I have. I have begun to wonder at the impact of the fight to give women equality with men, have we not only destroyed masculinity but have we dismissed the value of parenting for consumerism and incomes which seem ridiculous. While Libby Weaver bases this book on her biochemical knowledge I am sure the stresses we put on our body to compete and earn money is causing ill health. My friend may be right when she commented I was close to burnout.

Jay is glad of the break from sitting under my desk in a cold environment at work and does not realise he may also have tomorrow off. I am visiting the GP today as well as the Osteopath to cover all bases in my desire to return to energy and full health.

No comments: