Sunday 29 June 2014

Ireland

Tara Road (2005) Poster
I am having a DVD splurge and last night watched this movie. I was fascinated by the journey the two women were on and the unsolicited support they provided for each other under difficult circumstances.
Men can really be the pits - Ria's husband was a real lothario and the grief both women were living with could have destroyed them.  A wonderful movie, a good book I am sure, and it has encouraged me to explore another genre of book I would not have considered previously. I love Dublin, therefore the setting was familiar, more books to read.

I am off to an important meeting that may bring me fame and fortune, more likely an ongoing role in the NZ disability community through my writing and reading skills.

 

Dublin is one of the cities of my dreams, I loved it, could live there, books, music, food. James Joyce seemed to be around every corner. 

No comments: