Friday 31 January 2014

Back to Work

I was made to feel so welcome back at work yesterday that I wondered if 'the new me' was shining out in blinding brilliance. Weeks of dreaming, planning, setting out ideas and making decisions meant I went back to work with a new spring in my step and an attitude of gratitude for the opportunities Dio presents me with.

The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin
Early this morning I began listening to this on my Victor Reader Stream. Initially the narrator was annoying as she speaks with an affected voice but this has been enhanced as she attempts to use various Russian accents to put people into character. The story of Vladimir Putin, reading this is timely with the angst over the acceptance of gay people at the Sochi Olympics. Putin has taken Russia back to the days of fear and this book should offer some insight into his mysterious persona.

I have ordered three books from Amazon.com and hope they will arrive in the next few days. All about art journaling, I still am enchanted by this method of writing and memory building. If they are delivered today little else will be achieved as I devour their ideas.

My list of books I wish to purchase for my Kindle is growing, I now have three pages in a large notebook. As my interests change I doubt I will order them all but reading is my main occupation this year and I will buy as I need to expand my Kindle library. 

No comments: