Tuesday 14 January 2014

Thoughts While Walking the Dog

Intelligence seems to be a rare commodity today. Watching 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' should confirm this, the simplest general knowledge questions seem too difficult for many of the competitors. People seem happy to let their lives slip by without any use of their grey matter. Someone told me last week that only 50% of the population have any intelligence, perhaps a bit harsh, but most seem unlikely to use what they do have. The unusual looks I get when I try to initiate a conversation around something serious brings instant reversal of companionship and a shared cup of coffee and good company.

I almost deleted  Hotels, Hospitals and Jails  but decided to continue reading this talking book. His life is so damaged by the years he spent serving in the marines, yet I wonder if this is truly the reason for his rampant sexual appetite. His father appears to be much the same and what little I listened to at the gym his brother also seemed to be this way inclined. It is certainly not the type of book I would normally read but this is one of the joys of talking books - variety and unexpected surprises. I do miss seeing the photos in these types of books though.

I have two dogs, Chocolat is my retired guide dog and was 11 on Christmas day while Jay is my working dog and will be 5 in March. Arthritis has caught up with Chocky but at present she seems much better after a course of injections. Both dogs are gorgeous and my only companions who love me unconditionally and would care for me under any circumstances.    

No comments: